In this video Chrystalla Ferrier talks about her experiences of setting up the online side of a blended course for FdSc Biomedical Sciences, in light of trying to meet the needs of both employers, who play a big part in Foundation degree design, and her prospective students.
This video will be of interest to others setting up a blended learning courses for work-based learners, and also those looking to blend areas of their own traditional courses.
- Issues around course structure for blended learning
- Who did the work, what were the challenges they faced,
- What teaching in this way is llike
- What protocols the course team used
- What the students said
- Unexpected outcomes
- Key things to think about when developing online courses