Particularly useful for those approaching assessment design as a relatively new teacher, James Atherton has put together a collection of assessment methods here that introduce various different forms of assessment that are currently available. They do not purport to offer comprehensive accounts of any of them, but try to offer some guidance for the teacher who needs to select appropriate instruments.
All of them are discussed under the same headings, borrowed from those used in the notes you get with medicines nowadays—for some odd reason, they seemed appropriate:
- Description: a brief description of the method
- Indications: when to use it
- Contra-indications: when not to use it
- Special precautions: things to be aware of
- Notes: anything else which has not been mentioned under another heading.
Under Creative Commons License: Attribution Non-Commercial No Derivatives